You may find that you have turned on the Wifi Hotspot on your iPhone yet can’t seem to find the Hotspot when trying to connect from your windows computer. There can be a number of issues causing this problem. Here’s a workaround so that you can find the WiFi Hotspot straight away without waiting for the computer to find it.
- Turn OFF the hotspot on your iPhone
- Turn OFF the WiFi on your computer
- Turn ON the hotspot on your iPhone
- Turn ON the WiFI on your computer
The Wifi Hotspot should now show up on your Windows Computer almost immediately. If it doesn’t there may be other issues to investigate. It has been reported that if your iPhone name has any characters which aren’t alpha numeric such as an apostrophe it makes it harder for Wifi to find the iPhone hotspot.
To see if this is the case – from your iPhone:
- Click to Settings
- Click on General
- Click on About
- Click on Name
- Remove any characters that aren’t alphanumeric
- Repeat the steps in the first solution above and see if you can now see your iPhone Wifi Hotspot.